8 September, 9:30 – 10:30.
STACEES and Prof Tom Brown (Vice-Principal Research, Collections and Innovation) will host a 1-hour discussion session about the UKRI’s draft Concordat for Environmental Sustainability of Research and Innovation Practice.
Your valuable feedback will help to shape the University’s institutional response to this important draft document. The concordat “aims to gain agreement from all organisations involved in research or innovation activities on immediate and consistent long-term action to reduce and eliminate environmental impacts and emissions associated with R&I”. Accordingly, the concordat will have impacts on the working practices of organisations involved in research or innovation.
More information about the concordat, survey and draft document can be found here and below the questions that structure feedback for UKRI on the concordat:
- Do you think the concordat priorities will help us make practical change to embed environmental sustainability into research and innovation practice? Please provide feedback on improving the priorities and please be as specific as you can with your feedback.
- We want the concordat to be deliverable. Do you think your organisation could turn the concordat into deliverable next steps? If not, please provide feedback on improving.
- What do you think we could put in place to make the concordat signatories successful in embedding of environmental sustainability into research and innovation practice?
- Do you have any other comments or feedback on this draft of the concordat?
Please keep these questions in mind for the discussion session with VP Prof Brown.
Please note that there will also be 2 webinars where a panel from across the R&I sector involved in the development of the concordat will provide an overview of the concordat and answer questions:
· Concordat webinar 1 – Tuesday 5 September 2023, 15:00 to 16:30 – register here
· Concordat Webinar 2 – Thursday 7 September 2023, 10:00 to 11:30 – register here
Venue: Butts Wynd: 09
Register by emailing [email protected]
Please note that this is an internal event for staff and students of University of St Andrews only.